Posted: May 2, 2014 in Uncategorized
Hey everybody, a new website has emerged with a Jobs list that has a really impressive list of postings. It’s Triangle Area GIS – Jobs page. I recommend bookmarking it or checking it frequently, and I’ve added it to the sidebar of this site. Check it out and tell your friends!
Posted: August 25, 2015 in Uncategorized
Posted: August 21, 2015 in Uncategorized
Here are the two student positions we would like to fill.
1. Data Analyst – This position will be on site at NC Highway Patrol Headquarters in downtown Raleigh. It is actually more of a data assistant than analyst, with the expectation that it “may” turn into a full time analyst position after one year. Undergrad fine.
2. Statistical Analyst – This position will be on site here at ITRE, working with our GIS Analyst to assist with crash analysis, and a second project implementing a personnel allocation model for reducing truck crashes.
Both are 12-20 hours per week at $16-18/hour depending on skill levels.
Instructions for applying are in the attached documents.
Data Analyst Job Description
Statistical Analyst Job Description
Posted: July 17, 2015 in Uncategorized
GIS Technician Intern
Vacancy Type: Part Time (10-15hrs/wk.)
Time Period: August 2015 – May 2016 (possible extension)
Pay Rate: $14/hr.
Work Location: NCSU Centennial Campus
The Institute for Transportation Research and Education is looking for a student intern to assist us with geo-locating truck crash locations using ArcGIS (Geographic Information System) software. The purpose of this work is to provide crash data analysis support to the NC State Highway Patrol’s Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP). The work will involve:
• Using GIS software to locate and create points from a database of street location descriptions
• Ensuring timely accuracy and consistency of geo-coded points (QA/QC)
• Finding resourceful ways to improve geo-coding hits
• Must be a currently enrolled NCSU student
• Proficiency with ArcGIS Desktop, GIS concepts and databases
• Comfortable in networked computer environment
• Dependable self-starter with high attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
Full Description (PDF)
Posted: June 30, 2015 in Uncategorized
The Institute for Transportation Research and Education’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Program is seeking an actively enrolled NCSU Student to provide support to ongoing research initiatives.
Full Position Announcement (pdf)
Posted: April 21, 2015 in Uncategorized
The North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has an entry level GIS position available.
The website to apply is www.nctemporarysolutions.com. It can expire or close this Friday, 4/24/2015.
Full Description (PDF)
Posted: April 15, 2015 in Uncategorized