Posted: May 2, 2014 in Uncategorized
Hey everybody, a new website has emerged with a Jobs list that has a really impressive list of postings. It’s Triangle Area GIS – Jobs page. I recommend bookmarking it or checking it frequently, and I’ve added it to the sidebar of this site. Check it out and tell your friends!
Posted: October 15, 2015 in Uncategorized
Each year, the NC Dept. of Administration offers a large number of summer internships in a wide array of agencies and state offices. Below is the press release for the coming cycle. The deadline to apply is December 18. There are usually a handful that involve GIS work in some way. Specifically, I was asked by the State Property Office to point out a position they are offering titled, “Utilizing 3D GIS Model to Increase Office Space Utilization.”
2016 State Government Internships Available NOW!!!
The prestigious and competitive North Carolina State Government Internship Program is offering up to 70 paid summer internship opportunities in state government agencies, for undergraduate and graduate students of many disciplines. Application are now being accepted for the Summer 2016 North Carolina State Government Internship Program.
A variety of professional internship opportunities are located across the state and are available to North Carolina residents studying at the undergraduate or graduate level, or in law school. Summer interns work full-time (40 hours a week) for a 10-week period at a wage of $8.25/hour. Applications must be postmarked by December 18, 2015 for consideration. Applications must meet the following criteria:
- Permanent resident of North Carolina,
- Currently enrolled at a college/university and continuing education in the Fall of 2016,
- Carrying a minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale,
- And completed high school and subsequently at least the sophomore year of college (or the first year of community college) at the time the internship begins in May.
The 2016 N.C. State Government Internship Program booklet and an application form can be downloaded from our website at www.ncyaio.com. The booklet (available in PDF format) contains all program details, including full listing of available internship positions and applications instructions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Internship Coordinator, Candace Dudley, at 919-807-4400 or Candace.Dudley@doa.nc.gov.
Candace F. Dudley
NC State Government Internship Coordinator
Youth Advocacy and Involvement Office
North Carolina Department of Administration
Posted: August 25, 2015 in Uncategorized
Posted: August 21, 2015 in Uncategorized
Here are the two student positions we would like to fill.
1. Data Analyst – This position will be on site at NC Highway Patrol Headquarters in downtown Raleigh. It is actually more of a data assistant than analyst, with the expectation that it “may” turn into a full time analyst position after one year. Undergrad fine.
2. Statistical Analyst – This position will be on site here at ITRE, working with our GIS Analyst to assist with crash analysis, and a second project implementing a personnel allocation model for reducing truck crashes.
Both are 12-20 hours per week at $16-18/hour depending on skill levels.
Instructions for applying are in the attached documents.
Data Analyst Job Description
Statistical Analyst Job Description
Posted: July 17, 2015 in Uncategorized
GIS Technician Intern
Vacancy Type: Part Time (10-15hrs/wk.)
Time Period: August 2015 – May 2016 (possible extension)
Pay Rate: $14/hr.
Work Location: NCSU Centennial Campus
The Institute for Transportation Research and Education is looking for a student intern to assist us with geo-locating truck crash locations using ArcGIS (Geographic Information System) software. The purpose of this work is to provide crash data analysis support to the NC State Highway Patrol’s Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP). The work will involve:
• Using GIS software to locate and create points from a database of street location descriptions
• Ensuring timely accuracy and consistency of geo-coded points (QA/QC)
• Finding resourceful ways to improve geo-coding hits
• Must be a currently enrolled NCSU student
• Proficiency with ArcGIS Desktop, GIS concepts and databases
• Comfortable in networked computer environment
• Dependable self-starter with high attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
Full Description (PDF)
Posted: June 30, 2015 in Uncategorized
The Institute for Transportation Research and Education’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Program is seeking an actively enrolled NCSU Student to provide support to ongoing research initiatives.
Full Position Announcement (pdf)
Posted: April 21, 2015 in Uncategorized
The North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has an entry level GIS position available.
The website to apply is www.nctemporarysolutions.com. It can expire or close this Friday, 4/24/2015.
Full Description (PDF)